Thorware.org

Home of Light's End

Post subject: Daniel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 am 

*** SPOILERS!!! ***

I've recently completed the game, and a very good one by the way ;), and after watching the ending, I was a little confused. Ever since Crystal found out that Brad cared more about his duties than her, she seemed to take a liking to Daniel, and Daniel the same to her. After this, I began to assume that some sort of connection would form between the two. Yet after the events that took place at the end, Crystal and Brad suddenly came back together, and Daniel was never seen or heard of. I loved how you finished the game, but I can't help but feel a little sorry for Daniel. I mean, he found this cute girl that he started to like and grew closer to, but in an instant, she leaves him to run back to her ex-boyfriend, and Daniel doesn't even get a word in at the end? Is their something I didn't get here, or am I getting too wrap up in this game? :P Either way, congratulations on making an impressive and successful game, and high hopes to you if you choose to make more games in the future!

Post subject: Re: Daniel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 am 

Hi Booya, thanks for playing our game!

You're right that Crystal and Brad getting back together is a bit sudden at the end. The reasoning is that Daniel's sense of pride about working with his uncle and father and fighting for the people is so strong. That's why you see him in the end marching along with the combined Remnant/New Dawn forces, presumably keeping peace over the land. This always meant more to him than Crystal, even though he liked her.

As for Brad, if you take time to speak with him in the final Sanctuary scene, you'll read that he's regretting what he did. He's realized how foolish it was to fight with the Remnant. That's why, in the end, he decides to leave the military life behind and get back with Crystal.

Brad and Crystal's back story was never shown. In the game you only see Brad as an obsessed Remnant member, being rude to Crystal. I can understand why you'd rather have Crystal end up with Daniel! But Crystal never forgave Daniel for leaving her behind after seeming to help her, only to "use" her to try and get her to join the New Dawn. She and Brad have a lot more history together, and he left out of a sense of duty and not because he wanted to break up with her, so it's natural that they would end up back together after the trouble was over. Daniel was just a rebound ;)

Taking an interest in such a subtle detail must mean you really got into the game! I'm glad to hear that =D

Post subject: Re: Daniel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:07 pm 

Heh heh, thanks very much for that info. A lot of things make much more sense now. And yes, whenever I play a story-driven game like yours, I tend to go deep into things like that. But that just shows how much I love it! :D