Thorware.org

Home of Light's End

Post subject: ***SPOILERS*** Sequel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm 

Is there going to be a sequel?

Also is the Narrator supposed to be God or something?

Post subject: Re: Sequel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:07 pm 

***SPOILERS***

Okay.... I know the answer to my second question now.... but knowing that leaves one question.... Why in Gods name did Zethros just fling himself off of the cliff.... the ending just doesn't make sense to me. I understand the knife thing.... but that just makes you do it over again which means that it isn't supposed to happen. So why at the very end would he just decided to fling himself off of the edge. He seemed pretty intent on ending the world.... I just don't get it.

Post subject: Re: ***SPOILERS*** Sequel?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 pm 

***SPOILERS!***

There is no sequel planned right now, but you never know what might happen in the future!

Yes, the "narrator" is Divine, the god of the world. He's not really narrating as much as talking to his Child, which is you, the player, symbolized by the white flame. You are a stream of consciousness created by Divine that was released when a human (Crystal) approached the statue. You're Divine's key to freedom, but with a catch. He made it so that he would have to convince you to free him. That way, he prevented himself from freeing himself rashly.

When you enter a character and have control, you as the "Child" are the one making decisions for that character. They are not acting on their own free will when you are controlling them. This is why you can make Zethros do something that is against his nature. The entire game has been a process of Divine trying to convince you, the Child, that you should sacrifice yourself to him to destroy creation and set him free. By choosing to defy Divine and ending the Child's life (from within Zethros) in a way Divine did not intend, you foil his plans. You are saying that you agree with the characters you have met, that life is worth living even through hard circumstances. That's the overall theme of the game and that's why it's the "right" ending.

Hope that clears up your confusion =D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:41 pm 

So why at the very end would he just decided to fling himself off of the edge.

I think you should be asking "Why did I fling Zethros off a cliff?" :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:40 am 

Took Me A While To Figure Out That You Had To Throw Him Off Figured It On Accident Really. Divine Hope Theres A Sequel. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:55 pm 

Hi, just finished the game today and though I loved it very much. it was well written and all :)
I'm just wondering about one thing, why did you choose to reunite Crystal with Brad and not go full out with the growing feelings between Crystal and Daniel? I would have wanted that... especially after that bathhouse scene in Oasis 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:16 pm 

Thanks for playing our game, TragicCruZ! For an answer to your question, check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 am 

read it...
well, I still think Brad was a douche through and through but I understand your way of thinking.
if you ever make a sequal though... create a guy better suited for her love and get rid of Brad in some way :)

btw, just a quick off topic question, what made you choose to do an rpg without fighting? I'm not complaining, I just find it unique and interessting :)