Thorware.org

Home of Light's End

Post subject: questions
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 pm 

So Thor, how many people helped actually develop the game? Was it just you and an artist? Also, have you given any interviews? Have you contacted any of the "indy" blogs about your new game?

-Chris

Post subject: Re: questions
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 pm 

Hi c_hoge, and welcome to our forum =D

Yes, it was just myself and the artist that developed the game. We had many people try out the game and give feedback, but we are the only developers. We personally created all the assets in the game.

I have not given any interviews or contacted any indy blogs. I'm not sure how I'd go about doing those things. I don't know who would want to interview us, or where I could find the indy blogs! If you have any tips or hints, it would be really appreciated =D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:23 pm 

I myself have no clue how you'd do so, but I definitely think anything you can do to hype your game would be beneficial. The XNA game Clover that came out recently got a post on Kotaku just for having some deep political themes, and I'm sure sales benefited from that.

Get the word out there, and get out the word!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:03 pm 

Poompop wrote:
I myself have no clue how you'd do so, but I definitely think anything you can do to hype your game would be beneficial. The XNA game Clover that came out recently got a post on Kotaku just for having some deep political themes, and I'm sure sales benefited from that.

Get the word out there, and get out the word!

I remember that game..

I was thinking 'finally a serious title for the hardcore'

and now this...

:') so happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am 

the thing is though - Clover for me was just to clunky and dare i say pretentious.

the story, and the allegorical notion towards real life politics was way to obvious and transparent in my opinion. Of course, i appreciate such work much more than the generic shooter but when reading the developers blog i get the impression that he wanted to make money out of it as opposed to a true labour of love that this project truly was.

The lowest 200 price point is the most obvious example of this, as the developers clearly just wanted people to play it, judge it and then hopefully really enjoy the game; regardless of financial gain. i get the impression that the financial income for this game is bonus and not the focus. Just playing the game and browsing the related website proves this.